Monday, June 11, 2007

The Game of Life

Robert and I played the game of Life with our kids the other night. They had already played about 6 times without us.

It started out like this:

Nathaniel asks, "Who wants to go to college?" Of course Robert and I say yes. Jessy says, "No way. don't go to college - it doesn't help you at all - you don't need to go - and besides you'll end up with a huge loan."

We go anyway. I end up being an artist making $20,000. Jessy ends up being a summer school teacher and a police officer making $90,000. I end up with a $100,000 loan with $25,000 of interest on top of that.

Robert lands on the auto insurance spot. Jessy says, "Don't buy car insurance Dad - you don't need it."

By the time we had played 1 hour, I had no money, a huge bank loan and no home but Jessy was rolling in the dough, married with a house, no children. Because she was a police officer, anytime someone landed on the number 10 - they owed her $10,000. It got to where she was so rich, she would say - "Oh don't worry, I don't need the money."

Dani spent the time hoping to have as many kids as possible, and feeling sorry for me that I had no money. Sammy just played, had a good salary (no college of course). Nathaniel went to college and was doing ok but no one was doing as good as Jessy!!!

Robert and I finally had to stop (it was late). We laughed so hard at what this is NOT teaching our kids. We might buy the Rich Dad, Poor Dad game instead!!!

When we packed it all up, Jessy said, "I'm so rich because I have no kids!"

1 comments:

Drollingers June 11, 2007 at 8:31 PM  

That is hilarious!!! That is about right, isn't it???

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP