Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Youth Summer Camp


This past weekend we went to youth summer camp with our church. It was a blast. It was a wakeboarding camp so we took our boat. I didn't actually get my camera out much as I was watching Stephanie and the other kids but I did get a few shots of the camp.


We started out the trip visiting Robert's dad in Nipomo, spending the night with him, picking up a motorhome and then heading to Lake San Antonio Friday to Tuesday.


The staff from our church (Faith Bible church) was amazing, the families that came up to help were amazing - it was actually touching. My brother was the camp speaker and he was great! Worship music was so good - the whole thing was so well done. I think 17 kids gave their lives to Christ. I was blown away by the service of all the families for these kids, from setting up tents, games, cooking, desserts, music, boating, time spent etc. It was so incredible. I was ministered to by everyone's service. Everyone had smiles on their faces - even the cooks for 220 people! The food was so good and so well done - we ate way too good for campers! The whole thing was such a blessing.


The kids had one day of games on the field and 2 days of boating. In the picture, Jessy is doing a human bowling game - they slide on a tarp and knock down coke bottles set up like bowling pins! They had a bunch of other fun games as well - some crazy...


The morning the kids left we were able to take our kids out on the boat as they left in the morning and we stayed behind. We are looking forward to Lake Shasta at the end of summer. I couldn't believe how much they have improved since last year. Stephanie seems to love the boat, she sits still, enjoys herself etc. Tracy Farrel suggested I take the boat out everyday!


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP