Friday, October 16, 2009

Going too fast....

I found this website through a friend. (I think Karen...) Resolved to Worship.

and she's a photographer too! She is a christian - so read her whole post...this poem is just sweet...

She wrote this I am guessing...

"SLOW DANCE"
Have you ever watched kids
On a merry-go-round?
Or listened to the rain
Slapping on the ground?
Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight?
Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?

You better slow down.
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.
Do you run through each day
On the fly?

When you ask How are you?
Do you hear the reply?
When the day is done
Do you lie in your bed
With the next hundred chores
Running through your head?

You'd better slow down
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.

Ever told your child,
We'll do it tomorrow?
And in your haste,
Not see his sorrow?

Ever lost touch,
Let a good friendship die
Cause you never had time
To call and say,"Hi"


You'd better slow down.

Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.

When you run so fast to get somewhere
You miss half the fun of getting there.
When you worry and hurry through your day,
It is like an unopened gift....

Thrown away.

Life is not a race.

Do take it slower

Hear the music

Before the song is over.

Read her whole post if you have time! called Midnight is my sparetime...

5 comments:

Miller Family October 16, 2009 at 8:10 AM  

poem was written by David L. Weatherford. Love this poem! Makes you think for sure.

Unknown October 16, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

I couldn't figure out if she wrote it from her post! Thanks holly - how did you know that????? You are so smart..did you read her whole article yet?

Drollingers October 16, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

Andrew asked me this morning if we could buy the Dodson's house since it has a basketball hoop. Cute! Miss you guys so much!!!!

Unknown October 16, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

aawww - yes andrew - if you move here, you can buy our house :O)

Carri Roman October 16, 2009 at 10:31 PM  

Beautiful poen and AMAZING website. How fun!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP