Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lake Powell 2010 Day 1

We have had a blast so far!!! Relaxing and fun!!!


We have been here since Wednesday (It's Sunday today). We actually planned to get here on Tuesday but we got a flat tire. An hour later, the Wests got a flat tire...then a semi truck went off the edge and they closed the 15 freeway! We made it to Saint George around 7 p.m. and stayed in a hotel. The next day we shopped for food and got on the house boat - so maybe these pictures are from Thursday - our first full day.

We got the same cove we wanted - can't believe we got it. It has white sand on it and is pretty secluded! They can swim around the whole thing - it's like a huge swimming pool - clean beautiful water....We were here last year too :) We are in Warm Creek Bay.

Stephanie has fished NON-STOP. I have a bunch of pictures of her fishing the first day but they are on Dani's camera and I didn't bring the cords. I have never seen her stay so long at one task! She has been really easy - having the time of her life. She loves boogie boarding behind the boats, swimming and going in the kayak. She colors a lot and then fishes most of the day - hard to imagine that is what she would choose! She has caught about 10 fish in the past three days.

The other kids have tubed, wakeboarded, wake skated, kayaked etc. etc. Jessy's knee seems great and she was jumping the wake yesterday......The kids have been FABULOUS - fun and helpful - I just love this vacation!

Ardos and Dempseys come today. Dempseys are bringing a houseboat - We will pick ardo's up at the launch ramp.

If you click on the pictures it will take you to Flickr if you care to see the pictures I have uploaded so far :) I'm trying to stay on top of the pictures so I don't get overwhelmed when I get back. I might try to stay on top of this but with everyone coming it may be hard!!!!!


IMG_0318IMG_0376
IMG_0417
IMG_0441poolparty

Sunset the first night....
IMG_0462


Stephanie working on her sand castle while the sun goes down...I told her to give me a straight face...
IMG_0482

2 comments:

Kelli July 11, 2010 at 1:39 PM  

Seriously Tracey, soooo beautiful. I love the header picture! I also love the one of Robert lovin' on his girl. I love daddy pics. So glad you are having fun! Miss you....

Drollingers July 11, 2010 at 2:23 PM  

okay, this is torture...to think we could have come!!!! Beautiful!!! tell everyone hi for us!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP