Friday, September 10, 2010

My Parents 50th Anniversary Party

This was a BLAST – it was super fun to plan – super fun to attend and just an all around great time – touching, sweet, fun etc…I made a slideshow of their life – it’s on facebook but I’ll put it on here at the end.  That was probably one of the most fun things to do – to sort through all the pictures.

 

We had it at Lambs Fellowship in Lake Elsinore – My friend Disa catered the food – did an amazing job – and so many of my super wonderful friends helped.  Everyone was awesome….

 

Tracy Farrell helped me with the centerpieces – they are 8x10’s in black and white glued together – I just loved them.  I used a ton of old pictures and some new ones.  Then we used various black, white and gold scrapbook paper as the placemats…Michelle picked up the baloons that day – it was super windy and they got all tangled…not sure how you deliver 60 balloons somewhere in the wind without tangles!  The kids helped get them all free of each other and decorated all the tables.  Jsesy had put together all the placemats.  Everyone did a fabulous job.  It was really fun to plan – kind of like a mini wedding!  Lambs is a really nice place for this size of a party.  It was fairly reasonable too. 

 

 

      50AnnParty_003 50AnnParty_004 50AnnParty_01650AnnParty_01350AnnParty_008

 

They made incredible food – filet with salad, and breat, potatoes I think!  It was amazing.    Disa (the one on the right) prepared all the food by herself!  She is not even a caterer – it was just perfect!          

50AnnParty_02150AnnParty_022 50AnnParty_024 

 

I made a sign in book of my parents wedding pictures.  They never had an wedding album so the first few pages were their wedding pictures and then I filled in pictures of their life over the past 50 years.  So now they have a coffee table book with wedding pictures and family pictures.

      50AnnParty_028 50AnnParty_042  

color pic

Scott and my little tiny Greek aunt….and Steve’s wife Joan and Kelly…

50AnnParty_062 50AnnParty_012

 

They also have an hor d’ oeuvres table at the beginning of the party – it had veggies, shrimp cocktail and crackers and cheese.  The deserts were amazing too – a lemon pudding and brownies.  Jack Skandalakis made a tray of baklava for all my greek family…My dad’s relatives all came – it was so awesome to see them!  It had been a long time.    My mom’s sister came with her husband.

50AnnParty_066 50AnnParty_068

50AnnParty_073 50AnnParty_074 50AnnParty_069 50AnnParty_070 50AnnParty_072

found some of the cousins all outside stealing all the helium….50AnnParty_077 Aren’t they all beautiful?50AnnParty_080

When the party was “over” we stayed and played in the room and took tons of pictures.  I had a friend there to take family portraits but it didn’t work out with the timing…I didn’t really have time to “think” about the pictures so we kind of just snapped away.  The party was so fun that I should have had someone there that was NOT a guest to do the photography.  Think about that if you have your own big event!

 

More pics next post….

2 comments:

Leanne September 11, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

Your parents have set quite the example over the last 50 years. It looks like a wonderful night!

Joan September 29, 2010 at 8:33 PM  

Tracy,

I loved looking at these pictures again. The night was like a fairy tale. You did a wonderful job putting this all together. I am so thankful for you and thankful for all the friends that helped and loved having all the family together. I praise the Lord for giving Dad and I such a beautiful evening.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP