Bruin game at Huskie Stadium
Years ago when Lauren told us she was going to the University of Washington we told her we would fly up for a game…can’t believe we were able to do it with all the kids!!! When John and Rachel were here in September she begged us to come for a visit so we worked it out around the game and Thanksgiving – it couldn’t have been more perfect!
We did this the very next day after arriving…
The kids had all their UCLA gear on while we walked all over the campus – it was beautiful….some were nice about UCLA – someone gave Jessy a not so nice gesture…Lauren was awesome! and it was so fun to be with her. We spent the day with her and then John and Andrew met us at the game.
The trees were so beautiful – I bet it was really awesome a month prior…
Not sure why I put this next pic in – it makes me laugh…
I have this one below on my desktop – i just love it!
We were about 5 rows back from the field in the Huskie season ticket session. Their fans were SO MEAN to UCLA – they heckled the coach and the players…
I brought my big camera but it was so cold and hard to hold it and shoot with mittens! I took some – most of the ones on here I think – then I put it away. The man next to me was SO obnoxious…he talked to me about my camera and how great of a photographer he was and blah blah blah – by the end of the game, he was drunk and FOUL and thought I was his best friend! The woman he brought was mortified at how obnoxious he was! That’s him in the hat…
This guy on the bike was just butchered by the Huskie fans….
The hot chocolate was really cold chocolate…
This guy in the next two photos did that strange pose – I put him on here because Jessy stated, “I will NEVER marry someone like him.”" He did strange dance moves and was very odd….
Robert is clapping…UCLA might have done something good???? hhhhmmmmmm
Aw Nanno is smiling too…they must have…it was fun to be that close. Steph on the other hand fell asleep with a blanket over her head. It was 40 degrees and sprinkling but for some reason we were all fine….
We went by Starbucks on the way out….John was waiting in the car and let them out the sunroof…this was from my iphone i think…They were so cute and so fun at the game – super easy :)))
4 comments:
This is the funniest post ever!!! Were you even watching the game? I would have switched seats with
Robert so I wasn't next to that guy. Eddie would have have welcomed it and preached the whole time. hahaha He is funny that way lately. At least it didn't ruin your time. Starbucks always makes it better. :)
carri - the guy was so obnoxious...it was quite comical at first. The people in front of us were so nasty...I wonder if UCLA fans are nasty to other teams? After the man next to me told me what a fabulous photographer he was and all about his equipment, he told me that he thought the people in front of me were obnoxious and that it was due to all the rap music they listen to. All this he said while cussing. There was no sharing Christ with this guy!
UCLA scored first - when the other team scored, the man in front of me to the right who was ragging on UCLA turns around says, "SCOREBOARD" like they were winning, I turned to him and said "what of it? we are simply tied!" and everyone started laughing....so I went to high five the Huskie that laughed at my joke and he gave me a dirty look and said "i'm not fiving you lady!"
I left to take Stephanie to the bathroom and the obnoxious guy started talking to Jessy and he used cuss words the whole time - he must have been my age...did he not realize she was a kid???
Besides all that it was super fun.
and not to rag on the band guys but let me just say the Washington Huskie band was very interesting. I wonder if they are all like that?
Dang...I guess it did kind of put a damper on things. At least you guys have a great sense of humor and have super fun together. :)
He knew Jessy was young but he didn't care, obviously. Big bummer. Too bad you didn't have ear muffs to keep Steph's ears warm AND silenced OR muffled from his words. ;)
These are the times we realize how much people need Christ. Eddie always finds a way, even if it is just a track. He actually carries his "track bag" around with him. It is so funny. My patience is challenged sometimes as we have to stop and wait for him. He is such an evangelist. He has had some amazing conversations. Remember the biker guy that came to church. Eddie invited him after he had a conversation with him and found out he was at Chris' church somewhere like 20 years ago. Crazy!!
Post a Comment