Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Seattle

We got in (in our California clothes…and took the train straight into Seattle – that was my idea because we couldn’t figure out another time to go…unfortunately it was FREEZING and raining!!  Can’t believe we all survived.  Steph had light leggings on – at least she had a hat and scarf!  John and Rachel were amazing with us – they took us everywhere even with the freezing rain!  I think we were the ones that told John we wanted to leave – he would have kept going for our sakes!

 

The one thing I will say about downtown Seattle – well I have a few things but the city in particular – everyone looked so “Seattle”  - kind of dark curly hair, pale, trim (skinny) – college age…borderline grunge looking…..funny how people look like where they live – I know I am stereotyping but in general it’s true!!!….Rachel’s area was different – they looked more like we all look here except they were pale too!   At Rachel’s church a person asked where we were from and when we said California, he said he could tell because we were all so tan! 

 

Lots of these pics are on Rachel’s blog as I loaded my pics on her computer before I left!  The train was fun to be on…it’s fun to sit around all together.  It was soooo fun to see the Drollingers in their area!  I just loved it!

 Seattle_006

   We went to the public market…doesn’t it look soooo cold?  We ate at some awesome Italian place in this ally….small hole in the wall – the owner was hilarious and fun.  I ate at a famous clam chowder place next door – I think it’s Iver’s chowder????  yummy!

          IMG_1215    Seattle_009 

I LOVE vegetables because of all the color – they looked soooo yummy!  They normally have amazing flowers but at this time of year I think all they had was flowers that looked like cabbage and artichokes!!!!!

      Seattle_012Seattle_014

This pig is famous – it’s name is RACHEL - hahahaha

      Seattle_015 Seattle_022_1

Seattle_018  Seattle_025

     

The fish all over were fascinating – we don’t see that here!!   The kids were hilarious – they all had a blast together.  Nothing like vacation!

      Seattle_033 Seattle_035

     Seattle_037  Seattle_043

 

The Starbucks in the above picture is the first starbucks ever.  We couldn’t believe the lack of fanfare about it!  It cracked us up.  All they had was this bronze thing in the store (pictured below).

 

Seattle_052

Andrew was so sweet – he’s just like his dad – he was a great host and constantly told us “important” things.

Seattle_046 Seattle_048

 Seattle_053

  Seattle_042bw

So cold….

 Seattle_060 r

 

One of my favorite pictures – I love Steph’s leg kicking out…so cute! 

Seattle_055snap

These were taken with my iphone…pretty impressive yes?  That camera is something else!

IMG_1226IMG_1242

2 comments:

Danielle December 9, 2010 at 6:33 PM  

SO fun! XO :)

Tracy December 11, 2010 at 9:47 AM  

Hey Trace-- Yes we're all pale here this time of year too....so funny that you talked about that because it is SO true! We call it "Montana White", but obviously we're not the only ones. :0) Miss you. Come here next! :0)

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP