Saturday, August 4, 2007

Visit with Lauren

My niece Lauren flew in today to stay with us until Tuesday. She leaves for the University of Washington August 24th! Okay - permit me to brag - she got a full ride scholarship for cross country. Her school is on Lake Washington and views Mt. Ranier! She said it is incredibly beautiful. Robert is planning a family trip in 2 years to see her when they play UCLA. He said he will proudly sit in the student section with Lauren, wearing his UCLA jersey!

We are SSSOOOOO excited she came to see us. We picked her up today, went to BJ's for lunch, came home and swam (robert said it was a monumentous occassion becuase she told us she has only swam once the whole summer...so we were there for her second swim), had dinner and took a walk because we all ate too much. We brought the dog and held her the whole time - she was petrified!

The girls are in there right now making Peanut Butter Pie. I told Lauren we were going to make it and she got all excited because she had seen it on the front of the Cooking Light magazine!

She is so much fun - Dani has stuck to her like glue - I'm going to update this everyday for her mom. Hi Julie! Actually Lauren is my second cousing but I have been her "Auntie" for so long that it has stuck! Kristine is coming tomorrow to visit with us! It's hard to believe Lauren is going to college - I was looking at her today and remembering all her birthday parties before they moved to Fresno - time goes by so fast. She was the family's first baby and now she is all grown up!

Here is what the pie "should" look like....It won't be finished until tomorrow.

1 comments:

Michelle August 5, 2007 at 2:57 PM  

I want to see the real pie when it is done! :-)
....I am sure it will look much better than the Banana Cream pie I "tried" to make when Steve and I were first married. Let's just say, it looked like it had already been eaten. Tell Robert, that is why I buy the pies now. :-)

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP