Thursday, September 20, 2007

Mapping...


Jessy, Sammy and nathaniel have a mapping project due for our co-op. We and I say "we" because we ALL know who really does most of the work...we have just worked all day on them. I laugh with mom's on softball when they have school projects to do with their kids - I always ask, "what grade did YOU get?" ...not their child! I had one friend tell me she had a project with her kindergarden child - I think he was making a basketball court - he wanted to glue some of the things on the board and she wouldn't let him - too hard for him! Are you reading this friend??? Anyway - I have just spent 3 hours doing projects - helping Nanno find all his rivers, helping Sammy write in all the states, capitals, extra cities, mountain ranges - things I have never heard of!! I write them in pencil and he copies them...Finding the rivers was really hard - they are ALL OVER the country - breaking off everywhere - then to add the mountain ranges and plateaus. Wow! I am NOT helping Jessy. Hers, of course, is a work of art so it's taking her FOREVER. Everything is perfect and lovely! She told Nanno he shouldn't go to basketball practice because she will be ahead of him...she's not and she has quit for the day...She proceded to tell me she couldn't possibly write her essay as she has been writing all day. I wonder what I will do with them when they are done - laminate them for the garage maybe?
Anyway - I will say - it's an incredible project and they are learning a lot. I actually did know more than I'm letting on - maybe due to sports??? I kept reminding Nanno of sports teams to find the states! We still have to find many other things...divide up the country, color things, more labeling etc.
For more pictures of co-op go to:
On another note - but related to school as i HOMEschool...
Please pray for us - we are potty training Stephanie. We have worked on it for one year (seriously). Today I told her she could not get off until she went (not the easy one...) - I told her she would take a nap there if she had to...guess what? she went a couple of minutes later - very excited and triumphant! Please PRAY that she will get trained soon. I really believe it becomes a source of disobedience in other areas - sort of a form of control for her. Thanks! She just got up and told me, "so I just got up and the girls are being mean to me!" She starts all her sentences with "so." It's really funny...

1 comments:

Michelle September 20, 2007 at 10:02 PM  

Ha ha, Great pic! I wanted one of you doing the work though. :-)

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP