You can see it when I'm done!
Steph's teacher told me the following happened (church class):
Steph took a toy from a little girl - the little girl cried - Steph didn't care and walked away. The teacher told Steph that she should never take something from someone - if she would like to see it she should say, "May I please see that when you are done?"
Steph said, "okay!" and went up to the little girl, looking her straight in the eyes, said sorry and then she calmly said,
I think she missed the point!!!
Steph took a toy from a little girl - the little girl cried - Steph didn't care and walked away. The teacher told Steph that she should never take something from someone - if she would like to see it she should say, "May I please see that when you are done?"
Steph said, "okay!" and went up to the little girl, looking her straight in the eyes, said sorry and then she calmly said,
"You can see it when I'm done!"
I think she missed the point!!!
The above pics were taken that morning - maybe we can see the attitude in the pics!!?
Her teacher (my friend Kellie Limon) just emailed me: here's her email:
Did Robert tell you that story? I was telling him on Sunday what Steph said...I was laughing so hard. I could see the wheels turning in her head...she was thinking of a way to keep that toy and yet be nice about it. She finally went and sat near Geneveve and gently put it to her..."you may have this toy when I am done with it". She was so gentle about it. Eventually Geneveve got it back.
By the way...I told Robert...she was really, really good in our class. We kept them busy and she was very good. At one point, Zoe came in class and her dad had given her some gum. So she went up to Stephanie and said "Stephanie, look what I have" then opened her mouth really big. Stephanie had a huge look of surprise on her and said in a shocked voice "WOW, you have gum?" She was really impressed! So I gave Stephanie a piece of my gum and her and Zoe were happy little pals. She did good throwing it away in the trash...she made a point to call my name and have me watch her put it in the trash. I made a big deal of it. k



0 comments:
Post a Comment