Ily's Bridal Shower






We went to a bridal shower for Ily (Sam's birthmom). It was an Audrey Hepburn theme - everyone wore black with pearls and costume jewelry. It was fun. They had lots of books on Audrey, lots of posters and pictures etc. The food was great - the cupcakes had diamond rings on them. They had so many sweet little touches. The backyard looked beautiful - it was really nice... The other kids went to the beach with the men of the family and then saw Kung Fu Panda (which they all loved....)
There was a professional photographer there...so I followed her around asking lots of questions. She told me so much - she was so helpful... Hopefully I'll remember some of it! She gave me so many pointers! ...helped me with my flash (which I never use), talked a lot about Photoshop (and processing pictures to get the right color which I need - I don't own Photoshop)!), how to use a color card, how to download Costco's color profiles for their printers - and she said Costco is the best printer - that they have the best equipment...She had the lens I want...She went to school for 4 years for photography and just came back from an internship in New York - she knew a TON. She wants to be an underwater photographer of great whites...what in the world???? Crazy!
The funny thing about the day is that Frans (Ily's dad) asked me to come and take pictures and I agreed...and then Christine (Ily's mom) told me Whitney was coming...I remember Whitney heading off to college 5 or 6 years ago for photography and I started laughing...who would want me when Whitney was there???? but I swallowed my pride and took some pictures....I guess it was good because I beat her there and was able to take pictures that she didn't. She did a lot of portrait type pictures of the family.
Here's a flash picture: not that anyone cares but I guess I do...and since it's my blog...
I didn't take many pictures using my flash because well...Whitney the cool professional great white shark photo lady was there taking pictures with her SWEET Canon 1 D with the sweet lens...so I just watched - All the other shots are no flash as I tend to like natural light better BUT it was fun to use...so I might start using it more in the house....for instance - the pic of Jessy and I is taken with no flash - and it wasn't processed....
9 comments:
Wow!Jessy what a great smile. Where's the tounge? ha
tongue- oops!
Those are beautiful pictures tracy - i love the black and white one.
wow, how gorgeous!! you are such an amazing photographer!! wish you didn't live so far, I'd totally hire you at all my events!! :)
holly - you mean you're suprised jessy took a serious picture??? you should have seen how many were not serious - it was hilarious!! we tried hard to get a normal one!
thanks!
yes, sandy is sandy currie!! :)
wow...thats an expensive camera! Does she have a website?
she just got back from an internship in New York...she does touch up work right now (for photographers) and doesn't have her own business yet...it was a SWEET camera!
Post a Comment