Friday, June 27, 2008

Summer Camp

This past week our family went to FBC's youth summer camp...It is a wake boarding camp - so we get to go as boat drivers. It's always a blast. It's amazing what camp is like every year. It's so good for the kids to get away and hear great teaching. Please pray for the hearts of all the kids that were up there...The food was amazing. It is always touching to me to watch everyone serving alongside each other. It really is a ton of work but everyone seems to do it joyfully!

This year was a bit too hot at the beginning but it got better.... In fact the last day we were there (the day the kids leave and we stay to let our younger kids wakeboard) - it was cold!!!!

Highlights:

Jessy committed her life to Christ as did other kids from church homes.

Chris Mueller and John Kim spoke (on the book of Jonah), Godspeed did the music.

I asked Sammy what he learned and he told me he fell asleep in 2 of the night meetings!! Poor jr higher! Sammy needs his sleep! The meetings went till 11 every night and the kids were up at 7 a.m. Sammy is so cute - he loved camp.

Sammy's new friend that he met at camp told me he just got off one of the big ships (I laughed so hard!)

Sammy went up early and worked super hard setting up tents - people came up and told me how great of a worker he was - I was sooo proud of him...no wonder he fell asleep the rest of the time!

I asked Sammy how many showers he took up there....brace yourself - not even one!!! I didn't even think to ask him when we were there!!! How funny is that?

There was para-sailing...They accidentally para-sailed Chris Mueller over the shore - I thought he was a goner (literally) - at the last second, the thing whipped around and he landed in the water about 8 feet from shore...then I thought they broke his legs...but he was fine. No picture of that! Too bad! Honestly it was scary....

Alyssa came to help me with Steph and Bekah came just for fun (of course she helped a TON as well!). Bekah ended up taking the junior high girls for a couple of days as their leader had to leave early.

It always amazes me that no one gets really hurt. One guy had to get stitches...but other than that...

Here are some pictures:

Of course, it wouldn't be right if I didn't have a picture of Jessy sticking her tongue out...This is right before she left on the bus...

Getting ready for mega box...The poor dog - everyday I thought she was going to die...but she would always come back to life at night...
Jonny imitating someone...The Rock I think?
Me...not sure what I'm doing...
This next pic cracked me up...Steph was just telling Dan where to go and he did it....

A ride on the jet ski with Danielle Mueller
Jackson Stead was doing whatever they told him to do (in the water)...they were all gut laughing!
Steph's friend Zoe...
Michelle took this next shot of Jessy and the dog...I thought it was a cool picture.

I think this is Garrett Gergins running on the water....Robert is in the background watching

Singing on the skimmer
Faster!
See - it was cold!

9 comments:

I am Mom June 27, 2008 at 6:08 PM  

Yeah Jessy! I really like the shot Michelle got too.

Anonymous June 27, 2008 at 9:38 PM  

Hey Tracy! It is so encouraging to here of Jessy's commitment. I just wait and pray for the day that the girls will submit their life to the Lord. Your pictures are GREAT, and you look better than you did when I was in college! Check you out!:)

Love Jen Chou

Chris, Aubrey, and Karsten June 28, 2008 at 12:37 PM  

That's awesome about Jessy! I can attest that Sammy is such a sweet servant. When I worked at your house he was always willing to do stuff to help:)
I love those pictures of Steph too, especially the one singing on the skimmer, she is an amazing 3 year old! Looks like you guys had tons of fun. Love you guys!
Aubrey

Hannah Sivilay June 28, 2008 at 5:45 PM  

So cute and fun! I am so excited to see God use Jessy, what a great thing. We will be praying for her!

Lissy Ardo June 29, 2008 at 1:27 PM  

I love your pics! Thanks for taking me with you! I love you guys!

Unknown June 29, 2008 at 5:13 PM  

Thanks everyone!

Unknown June 29, 2008 at 5:13 PM  

Jen - email me all your info!

Unknown June 29, 2008 at 9:26 PM  

Ok, your hair looks awesome in the pic of you and Uncle Robert! :) Makes you look really young with all that volume. Hahha. Thanks for taking me with you too! I am in love with kids now (more than ever before-oh dear. It's a lot of love, lemme tell you.) Lol. But thanks so much. Love you guys.

Anonymous July 2, 2008 at 1:03 PM  

Hey! how are you?
Looks like you had a ton of fun at camp! =)
I just wanted to tell you that I tagged you in a post on my blog...I'm sure you've already done those "about me" posts but I tagged you anyways-

oh, btw, we were at our kids camp this past weekend as counselors and one of the girls in our cabin was Jessy re-incarnated! She looked so much like her! I'm trying to get a picture of her so I can send it to you....

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP