Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sammy's Adoption Story Part 1

Sammy’s Adoption

Part 1:

This has taken me a bit to get to…sorry – Seems like the older my kids get, the busier I get. It is because THEY are busy – when they were younger, I was the only one busy – now I am trying to juggle my schedule, their schedules, Robert’s schedule…crazy!! I also determined why mom’s gain weight (other than being over 40)….When they were younger, they ate what I made – I didn’t make a lot of junk or filler stuff…now they are constantly making cookies, brownies, mochas…etc etc….My will power only extends so far! They are CONSTANTLY hungry too so food is a regular subject in the Dodson home!! I am thinking of food, making food or shopping for food on a daily basis!!!

Back to Sammy’s story…..

Having been infertile for so long, and spending so much time with the Ardavanis’s – I think I might have explained that part in Jessy’s story which I should probably go back and read to get me going on this…..anyway….so being with the Ardo’s, I wanted my kids and my “set up” to be just like theirs – 14 months apart. I loved everything about Kristine and Kyle’s age difference and I loved that they played together all the time – It seemed to me the perfect amount of time between kids. Once I get something set in my head, it becomes my rule – I know that is weird but I have always been like that.

I called Bonnie in August of 1995 – I hadn’t gotten (is that a word?) pregnant, so my 14 month gap was closing quickly…at this point, my next child would NOT be born in February as I had planned. I’ll never forget my phone call with her….I called and told her we were ready to adopt, that I wanted my kids 14 months apart. She laughed and said that they don’t even consider another adoption until the first child is 18 months – I quickly laughed back and told her that wouldn’t work for me!!! Bonnie –do you remember this???? I then told her that it was fine, I would call Tim. She told me she would pray about it and see what she could do. I asked her to get back to me quickly as we needed to get this figured out as February was approaching….

Till next time…I am not ahead on this one so I will really try to at least post parts once a week unless I am on vacation….

And because every post does NEED a picture...here ya go:

Notice Sam's line up above his head - things never change!

sam sleeping

5 comments:

Kelli June 10, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

I love it!!!! Can't wait to read more!!!

Kevin and Pam June 10, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

Keep writing! I can't wait to hear more! He is sooo cute!

Chris, Aubrey, and Karsten June 10, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

WOOO HOOO!!! Good job Tracy for continuing the adoption stories! Can't wait to read:)

Sandy June 11, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

Tracy you're a crack-up! Can't wait to read Part 2!!!!

Anonymous June 11, 2009 at 12:21 PM  

I had no idea that any of them were adopted. Good for you for giving them a loving home.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP