Sammy's Adoption Part 3
Sammy Part 3:
Having a hard time remembering small details – like time – sorry! If you are looking for the beginning - it's on the right side of my blog (somewhere) under the label: Adoption Story Sammy.
Received a phone call within a week that this girl would love to meet us and Bonnie was going to let us break agency rules :O) We took Jessy and met them at the agency – it was so much fun. Jessy wore a cute little hat with a matching Gap outfit. She was sweet and smiley and so so so so cute! I remember that day very clearly! Pictures at end of post…
I can’t tell you the feeling of going and meeting the birthmom – it’s really hard to describe – you look at their tummy’s and realize that possibly Lord willing YOUR baby is in there!!! It really is hard to believe. It’s crazy!! Ily and her family were loving right from the start. They played with Jessy as if she was theirs. They were smiley and friendly…beautiful. I believe we met them in September (the back of my pics say October but I think that was when they were developed) – Sammy was due beginning of February – so at this point she had about 5 months to go in her pregnancy – which technically in adoption world was pretty long to wait. AND do you realize that Jessy and Sammy were on course to be exactly 14 months apart??? All these things have taught me to pray specifically for things!
Here are some details I remember as to the choosing of our family. They read all 5 or 6 letters sitting in a circle – they would each (all 5 members of the family) read a letter silently and pass it on. At the end – they all picked the family they wished would adopt this little man (I think they wrote the last name on slips of paper) …All 5 of them chose our family. They didn’t look at any pictures – they only picked us based on our letters. They didn’t want to be swayed by anything (it didn't matter if we looked like them etc.) – only our hearts … amazing to me.
Christine (Ily’s mom) told me she loved the Winnie the Pooh stationary –that they loved Classic Pooh (God’s sovereignty – remember it was the ONLY paper I had and there I was thinking they would not like it even though I loved it!) – she (Chris) also LOVED all my scratch outs – it made me seem real to her (and remember I was so sad over my scratch outs!) Ily always had scratch outs on all her school work. God’s sovereignty never ceases to amaze me – when we think something is not right – it is exactly right!
Ily loved that we had a baby girl – she really wanted Sammy (named James at the time) to have an older sister – she didn’t want him to be first for some reason but I can’t remember why – it might just be that she wanted him to have siblings – but I kind of remember thinking that specifically she wanted him to have an older sister very close in age….aawww see – I’m kicking myself that I am not a journaler… that is not a word but you know what I mean….I really wish I had this all written down… I have a section in Sammy’s baby book that I left open to write all the details down (it's still blank) – I am so much busier right now – why didn’t I have time????? Amazing how when I was first a mom – I thought I was so busy – either I have become more efficient or God increased my speed! I talked with Carrie Roman about this today and we decided when your kids are younger it's a dependent busy - they need you 24/7! so maybe that's why I didn't write!!
The pics say it all – their family ALWAYS laughs and always enjoys each other. We just LOVE them so much!
These was taken at our first meeting in Bonnie's office....We are all smiles - of course :O)

See how fun they are? Always smiling...always happy...awesome family!

We are off to Zion National Park and Lake Powell.
Thanks for reading this and for all the sweet comments. If it can minister to those in adoption..please pass it around. Thanks.
4 comments:
I love to hear about God's sovereignty in the little things! Love the picture with you, Robert, and Jessy! How old were you guys? You look so young!
ha ha - well it would be 13- 14 years ago or so...so I would have been 27 or 28!!!
I TOTALLY forgot about that hair! Haha! Oh and you guys really do look so young! It's fun to read this and have lived through it along with you guys. Rad to look back with you and see God's hand in your family's life!!!
I also said I will get it all written down when I have time! Never happened and I have forgotten most of the details but do remember the highlights! I love reading about your experiences.
Post a Comment