Monday, December 10, 2007

Steph at Grandma's





Steph spent the night at Grandma Ardo's during Jessy's slumber party. My mom always sends a wrap up of her day with Steph. Here's the letter:

Hi Tracy,

Our time with Stephanie was very special so I'll put it in writing for you. When we left your house on Friday afternoon we didn't get very far (only to Canyon Lake Blvd.) when she clouded up and said, "I want my Mommy." First she asked if we were going to our new house. She seemed confused about where we lived. Maybe because it wasn't familiar in her mind, it bothered her. Anyway, I gave her her blanket and we got past that moment. She was happy when we got to our house. I brought out the toys and the first thing she wanted to do was color. I spread a sheet down on the living room floor and that is where we do all of our projects. So we colored. Then we watched 5 minutes of a movie. Everything we did lasted about five minutes and then we went on to something else. Before dinner we colored, watched five minutes of three different movies, played with Lincoln logs and some large Lego's. I think we colored again too. I took her outside for a little while to see the Christmas lights but it was very cold. She asked for you a couple of times but did not fuss. After dinner she wanted to take a bath so we played in there for a while. She wanted Papa to take a bath with her but he passed. After her bath we kind of did the same routine. Played with animals, colored, Lincoln logs, Lego's and part of three movies. When it was time for bed she dove for the couch and said she wanted you. She never said she wanted to go home, she just said she wanted you. Before I forget, she ate well enough. She loves apple sauce and banana bread. So, we went to bed and she cried this time for you. Not long though. I scratched her back and she kept saying she wanted you and I kept saying "I know." And before long, she was asleep. She slept good, all night and woke up around 7:00 very happy. I think she had apple sauce and banana bread for breakfast. We went for a walk. That's when I took the pictures that I sent you. She played well and then I went into my bedroom to call you, just to check in. That's when I heard Dad tell her "emphatically" not to call him stupid. She came running into the bedroom to tell me what she did and then you know the rest. At first when I asked her if she wanted to go home she said no and then she said yes.

She was very obedient other than not liking to clean up. She told me that I could do it, which I did. It was too much work to make her do it at this point.

Dad played with her too and she always enjoys that. But she follows me around. She loves to snack. He went on our walk with us.

We loved having her.

Love you,

Mom




For pictures from the Jessy and Kyle's party go to: http://www.tabblo.com/studio/stories/shared/22304/ndq7ryw8u3jc2ve

The party was a blast. I couldn't believe the difference between boys and girls. The boys were so loud! They were fun and great to have...just loud! They seem to get out of control in every game. For instance the popcorn game - the girls did it exactly as they should have - the boys took handfuls of popcorn and chucked it at their teammates...The girls shot the ball in knock-out like they should, the boys chucked the ball as hard as they could to knock the ball out - one ball tagged poor sammy right in the mouth! I have two of them coming near that age...please pray for me! When they left, I got to keep the girls. They were so cute setting up their beds, doing their jammies, playing games! What cracked me up is the boys went home tired and watched a movie - the girls came to life when they left!!!


Jessy left at 6 a.m. for a softball game, the girls got in a cupcake fight in my dining room!!!


Thank you Rebekah for helping me clean the house.

3 comments:

Miller Family December 10, 2007 at 4:58 PM  

You only have two- I have four! Yikes!Pray for Me and Beth! HA

Michelle December 15, 2007 at 10:54 AM  

Just think some girls will marry some of these crazy boys!!!

Michelle December 15, 2007 at 10:55 AM  

I loved Joan's comment on Steph! How funny!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP