Friday, July 31, 2009

Lake Powell - Part 3

At this point - Nanno can't put his head in the water or do anything...Poor Nanno.

Jessy caught her first fish...It was a carp - YUCK. Can't you tell she is afraid of it? She said her worse nightmare would be to be on top of a cliff in a tank of carp with frogs jumping on the tank and clowns on the bottom - that is so weird!!!!
Powell_064

One of our stops was a place called cookie jar - see the top of the rock?
Powell_066

We took a super long boat ride to Rainbow Bridge...I have to say this is one of my favorite memories - NOT because it was so fun, NOT because it was even that cool but because of the kids reactions... when we got there all of them said, "this is IT???" They couldn't believe we had them do this - it makes me laugh because it was sooo hot - you had to walk in 4000 degrees to get to the bridge (only a short way...) and then you just look at it...not sure why it makes me laugh but it does. HOWEVER - I know that when my kids grow up and take their kids houseboatintg, they will make them do this same thing....
Powell_080

We then parked and went swimming and passed out sandwiches...That thing on Steve's leg is not to be submerged...but he did it anyway...how surprising! Two of my favorite people....
Powell_097

This is about all Nanno could do...and the ONLY tubing Shawn will do (if there are little kids in the tube, he will tube, but otherwise he won't)
Powell_102

We all learned to surf - it was soooo much fun...It's funny to be in the boat - you load all the fat saks with water and the other sacks and then we all sit on one side feeling like we are going to sink...The wave it puts out is amazing - it really looks like an ocean wave! Here is Dan Mueller...
Powell_107

More later!!!!

1 comments:

I am Mom July 31, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

tell Jessy I totally get the clown part of the nightmare..

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP