Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sammy's Adoption Part 4

Part 4

Jessy loved their son Jon from the start (she was about 10 months at this point) – I think she thought he was a girl because he had long hair – when he cut it later, she would have nothing to do with him. Jessy is the extreme opposite of Stephanie – she was afraid of boys (from 5 months old she was afraid)…unlike Steph who loves boys…too much…

We spent time with their family over the next couple of months getting to know them. We never met the birth father – in fact the only father we have ever actually met was Daniele’s….I think we spent time with them the day after thanksgiving (I know we did that for sure one time but I am unsure if it was this year or the following year – Chris?)…we met all the extended family….always laughing and always having fun. Ily’s dad asked a TON of questions – we both totally respected that he did – if we were in his position we would probe! He is in the mortgage loan company so we even got lots of finance questions :O) Their family fell in love with the rest of my family too…especially Patty. Patty had MANY talks with Frans during the week Sammy was born but I don’t know what they were about! Everyone loves Patty!

One specific memory I have is sitting on their couch next to Ily – her tummy was super big…and I remember just looking at it in AMAZEMENT that my child was in there and moving…It was so fun getting to know them. Another memory I have is looking at so many photo albums and pictures...my kind of family! I loved looking at all of them and learning about all the family members. It really is so amazing to have a birthmom and get to know them - I can't really explain it but it is TRULY INCREDIBLE. They were so open and honest about everything…telling us all about Ily’s growing up- we truly felt part of the family very quickly.

I went with Ily to one of her doctor appointments at Kaiser– the doctor said everything looked great…I didn’t understand how she could know if everything was great if she didn’t do an ultrasound….I was hoping for an ultrasound…so I said, “How do you know everything looks great?” She said that the head was down to which I asked how she knew that ….then she said, “I can just tell these things but because you are curious, do you want to have an ultrasound to see for yourself???” She was nice but I could also tell I was bugging her a little bit… so I smiled and said, “yes, please :O) “ I did want to see an ultrasound but I also was curious how she could just tell the head was in the right position???? Well guess what? As she did the ultrasound, she got really quiet and had to apologize as Sammy was facing the wrong way...he was upside down like he should be, but his head was in the wrong direction and a baby can’t be delivered like that. They did a procedure to try to turn him – he wouldn’t budge (so unlike his personality…) and Ily was scheduled for a C-section on February 5th. I was so glad I asked how she knew! And remember…Feb 5 meant that Sammy and Jessy were almost exactly 14 months apart…crazy!

5 comments:

Kevin and Pam August 5, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

God is so good!

Miller Family August 5, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

Every time I read your stories- I tear up.Especially because I can't imagine any of your children with different parents.Amazing!

Leanne August 5, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

Keep it coming... I hardly remember any of this now(:

See you soon?

Carri Roman August 6, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

wow this is so great. i have to go back and take the time to throughly read the rest of it. Have lots of questions for you tomorrow about adoption!

Kelli August 8, 2009 at 8:14 AM  

Thanks for reminding me that God is in all of the details!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP