Monday, January 14, 2008

Weekend Happenings...

Robert and I had our 18 year anniversary yesterday. No pictures ... I could put a wedding picture up but they were not digital...so you can picture it - Big bangs, a big dress - puff and lace everywhere, a little makeup, frosty liptstick while Robert looked normal - just 18 years younger and maybe a little thinner! We went to dinner while Jessy babysat (nice to have a 13 year old!). We then wandered around Barnes and Noble and tried to walk off dinner.

Kids had games this weekend. Basketball was hard. There is a coach that is out to get Robert and he takes it out on Nathaniel. It was an awful experience. He criticized and belittled Nanno the whole game. Anytime Nanno made a mistake, he cheered - one time Nanno fell and he yelled, "he's faking!" I had it after all the belittling and comments and finally reported him as did 3 other parents we came to find out - one parent wasn't even on our team and walked over to the President!!! Nathaniel spent his game falling on the floor, getting hacked and ragged on but played decent. He has to learn to control his emotions and to shake off pressure and mean people - it was a night of good lessons for all of us. Boy was I mad - pick on my husband but not my 10 year old son!!!! The coaches kid even yelled, "Losers!" two times after the game (he also called Nanno an idiot on the floor so loud that everyone heard it). This same coach a few weeks ago told Nanno, "you played okay but my son outplayed you!!!" he didn't outplay him by the way... Robert coached his son in All-Stars and he didn't play very much (played Nanno's position)...could that be the problem??

Sammy played very well - rebounding, scored the first points, stuffed some players! He is improving so much!

Dani scored 5 points in her game - she has turned it on - she trys so hard and is actually getting really good!! It's fun to watch her - much, much better than soccer.

Nathaniel had flag football. He played good - had an interception - of course I missed it on film - I felt like I was filming the other team, so I turned the camera to steph, turn to look and there he is intercepting the ball! Why is that always the case? He loves football - this was only the 2nd game as 3 have been rained out! Aaron Shack also intercepted and returned it for a TD. The game was not as fun as usual but we did win. It seemed like the first quarter was all about the opposing coach and rules he insisted on - rules take a long time. Rod was VERY patient I thought!

Robert preached at church. You can hear it - go on Faith-Bible.net. It will be under sermons. He did great and it was very, very convicting. It was about God's omniscience and omnipresence....very convicting - did I say that already?? I love hearing him but I actually don't love all the time it takes to prepare. Although it always proves to be transforming whenever he does it. People were so kind about how he did - always encouraging. Praise God that there are pastors who get paid to do this! It always makes us appreciate Chris and my brother Scott. It takes a lot to prepare a message. Pray for your shepherds!

1 comments:

Drollingers January 15, 2008 at 5:26 PM  

Happy Anniversary!! Tracy, you were a beautiful bride, even with your big bangs and frosty make-up, as i've seen in pictures. Can't wait to hear Robert's message!

love you guys.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP