We are in Brianhead, Utah right now with the Shackelfords. We have had sooo much fun. It has been super cold but today it was "normal" - 38 - the day before it felt like minus 38 but was probably around 5 ...with a nasty wind chill! Darren came and a friend of Ryans. It has been smooth and easy - lots of boots, jackets and mittens! Cooking is actually easier with a friend...I wish Beth could come cook dinner with me every night.
New Years Eve - Darren convinced some of the kids (Jessica, Nathaniel and Dani, Ryan, Reid and Brandon) to go out at the stroke of midnight in BARE FEET and run around screaming and yelling Happy New Year. I think it was 1 degree! We laughed soooo hard at them! Their feet were burning - it was hilarious. They are already planning the same thing for next year.
Today most everyone took the day off. Robert, Dani and I took Steph skiing - she goes too fast. We need to teach her how to stop. Tomorrow she will go in a wee-ski class - they take her out on the slopes 2 times. Dani and I finished off the day skiing together. We had so much fun. We skiied all over the mountain. She is really good - she jams down the black diamonds. People on the lift cheer for her!
Everyone else found a cool place to sled, R, D and I met them, took some pictures and then we went home - dani and I went skiing and the others had 2 hour snow wars! Rod and Beth relaxed for the first time.
This internet connection is sooo slow so I can't post too many pictures. Will do it when we get home. We are watching Bourne 3 - whatever it is called...Jessy is supposed to be in bed...oops!

Taken after sledding and snowball fights!

Getting ready to run outside for the New Year!

Darren cheering for the New Year!
3 comments:
You are all crazy. I would much rather prefer the beach, none of this cold stuff!
T, looks like you guys had so much fun! I'm in the cold here and don't really like it so I'm not too jealous that you guys are in the freezing snow! I loved looking at your pics though, post more!!! Love you, wen
My favorite is Stephanie sticking her tongue out in the group picture!!! She's SOOO funny!!!
Nickie
Post a Comment