Brian Head With The Dempsey Family!
We had such a blast. We had 1 day of the worst snow we have skied on at Brian Head and then 4 days of perfect powder skiing.
Here are some highlights:
Steph making up nicknames - Taylor Tot, Pickle (Blake) - no idea where that came from.
Steph skiing: the rope (on the racer chaser) got wrapped around her neck - I had to let her go and she was hauling - she skied right into Robert and knocked him over - his legs went out from under him and got twisted the wrong way... I laughed so hard I had a hard time getting to him and boy was he mad! I disconnected his boot and he says, "it's not funny!" because I am laughing so hard - Nanno says, "Well Dad, it actually is really funny!" He didn't get up until a lady came by and said, "Would you like to me to get ski patrol??" You should have seen how fast he got up! I laughed for 2 hours!
Fun dinners every night - good food and lots of it! It was a blast cooking with Kari...
Watching an old Disney movie together and American Idol...
Rick taking us on all the black diamond powder - it was so fun and a total challenge - we were more tired and sore than ever! Everyone improved a TON.
The kids cutting their own path through the trees - I felt like I was in Chronicles of Narnia. What they did was amazing and fun. I loved following them. There is nothing like watching your kids ski - it was a blast!
Building a snowman with Aunt Kari and Steph naming it Jesus
Chili cheese fries in the lodge
Insomnia the first few nights - especially for Rick and Robert for some reason!
Jessy Dempsey and Dani stuck like glue - skiing all over the mountain! Taylor and Nanno hitting every single lift one of the days...Sammy and Blake skied together the entire time skiing all over - doing black diamonds on their own and the trees...Kylie and Jessy skiied with all the adults and each other - lots of times we'd ski together and then sometimes split up. What's amazing is that the mountain is so family oriented that we had no problem with the younger kids going off on their own...
Here's a tabblo: http://www.tabblo.com/studio/stories/shared/24585/pef81xk3ghdbo7n
The picture of nanno is taken with my new cheap lens - it's so sharp! The rest are with my point and shoot....
0 comments:
Post a Comment