Saturday, October 27, 2007

Dinner Conversation

We had a boy from our basketball team over today - actually he is still here - he is spending the night. He lives with his grandparents. He calls Robert "coach." Hunter always did that too - I think it's so cute.

During the time here, Nanno snuck up to me in the kitchen and whispered, "Mom, did you know Sean hasn't seen his Mom in 8 years! That is so sad, mom!"

Sean took the boys fishing - I guess he does it all the time. He fixed our poles and helped the boys! Robert dropped them off at the lake and they fished!!!

We sat down to eat - Sean took a bite- Steph looked at him and said, "HEY!!! You don't take a bite!!" I looked at her in shock because first of all it was so rude! and secondly - she ALWAYS takes bites before we pray and we are working on that! Obviously she knows better! We gave her her food and she took a bite of it before prayer!

During dinner I was asking Sean questions - he told us his mom lived far away - that she was on drugs and couldn't take care of any of the kids. I asked where his dad was - Sean said, "He's in jail." My kids just kept looking at their food and eating not sure how to react to that bit of news. He told us that he has always lived with his Grandparents - I asked if he called them Mom and Dad and he said the courts won't let him - that he wants to but can't.

He was perfect and polite - a great kid. He went outside to jump on the trampolene with Sammy. Nanno sneaks by me and whispers, "Mom - His dad is in Jail!" He said it with complete amazement. I know Nanno is wondering what he's in for! Jessy says, "If the courts told me I couldn't call them Mom and Dad, I wouldn't listen - I'd call them whatever I want!!!!"

He's coming with us to church tomorrow and he is so excited. The kids have been so good to him and so welcoming - it has been very sweet to see.

This whole thing has been great for our family. We told him a little about Steph's birthmom and how we have Steph just like he's with his Grandparents. I think it has really affected Nathaniel and I'm sure he is very thankful for his family. If you have read this, please pray for Sean and his family to come to know the Lord.

Steve West was Sean's coach a few years ago and Sean told him one time while sitting on the bench that Steve was the best friend he ever had. Steve walked in tonight to pick up Jonny and Sean got so excited he ran to him and hugged him. It was soooo sweet. Please pray :O)

2 comments:

Michelle October 27, 2007 at 7:59 PM  

That was soooo sweet! I am glad Sean is spending the night! How awesome!
We will be praying for Sean and his family!

You guys are the best!

Anonymous October 28, 2007 at 1:38 PM  

Hi Trac,

How precious. Look how God protects this boy. He first met Steve West and now he has brought him into your family. I love God's goodness. I will be praying for him and his family. Maybe you can meet his grandparents. This will be good for your family. Kids always need to learn to be thankful. We have so much but often take it for granted or think we deserve more when the truth is we don't deserve anything.

Steph's comments at dinner are priceless and might be expected. It's interesting to know that she knows the right thing to do even when she doesn't do it. Just shows how stubborn our wills are. But she is so funny.

Have fun with Dad. He was excited when he called me.

I love you,

Mom

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP