Saturday, October 20, 2007

36,475 Diapers FINAL TALLY


Yes - it's true - she has finally done it - she's completely potty trained. The other day I put her down for a nap and heard her singing - I found her in the potty reading a book and singing announcing, "Hi mom! I'm going Poop!!!"

We have done it all - sang songs - "Pee Pee in the Potty, Poo Poo in the Potty, Busi gets a potty treat!"

I found that if I put her in a pull-up she would just go in her pants but if I put her in her princess undies she would go on the potty!

Robert and I have been wondering just how many diapers we have changed...I found a website that says the average kid goes through 7,349 diapers so our figure for five children is 36,745 in our 12 1/2 years of children. They figure it by age of child, amount per age up to 3 years old - which they say is conservative because childen continue to wear pull-ups past that age at night!

SO THE GRAND TOTAL: 36,745 DIAPERS FOR THE DODSONS...The average cost for those diapers is: 2,695.00 PER CHILD - so that multiplied by 5= $13,475 that we have spent on disposable diapers!!!!!

Now the debate has turned into Robert saying he has changed 5,000 of those diapers. What do you all think? That sounds pretty high to me???????!!!!!

Also - If I take into account the Ardo kids, I have to tack on 1,000 more for me!

5 comments:

Miller Family October 20, 2007 at 5:40 PM  

Great Job Steph! Way to go. We are so proud of you. You can now join the big girl club!

Michelle October 20, 2007 at 6:55 PM  

You really owe the potty training to me. I gave her the $50 and showed what she could buy w/ that. As far as Robert and all those diapers. I'll give him 1/4 of that.....5000, he's dreaming!

Way to Go Boose, you owe me when you get a job!
Love you.
Aunt Shell

Unknown October 20, 2007 at 7:09 PM  

Aunt Michelle - You mean 1/4 of 5000 right? not 1/4 of 36,000?????

Where did she put that $50????

Anonymous October 20, 2007 at 7:14 PM  

This is definately a bribery picture to be used later in life!!! She is so cute Tracy I want to come see you guys before she gets too big.

rick October 30, 2007 at 9:47 AM  

I'm gonna say there are one too many "0's" in the 5,000 figure. But that's just me.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP