Monday, October 29, 2007

Steven Curtis Chapman Concert

We went to his concert last night - INCREDIBLE. I'll write more later and post pictures but it was a blast. We met the Dempseys there, got to meet Steven and his son. During the concert he spoke all about adoption and his whole concert was incredibly worshipful and awesome. He sang so many songs about how God loves us - it was so encouraging and uplifting. Go buy his new album!!!!

Here's his website: http://www.stevencurtischapman.com/in_index.html if you want to check it out or donate to his orphan campaign.

He has a song called Cinderella - if you have girls it will make you cry - even if you don't have girls! He spoke of a night he had to give them baths and they snuck out of the tub, put on princess dresses and told him they had to dance at the ball. They actually did it twice while he was distracted! He was annoyed and wanted to get them in bed - put them in bed, didn't read to them - went to his studio later and got convicted that he didn't enjoy that moment with them (as he now has a 21 year old daughter)...Here are the words:

Cinderella

She spins and she sways to whatever song plays
Without a care in the world
And I'm sitting wearing the weight of the world on my shoulders
It's been a long day and there's still work to do
She's pulling at me saying "Dad I need you!
There's a ball the castle and I need to practice my dancin'
Oh please, Daddy, please!"

Chorus:
So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone

Verse 2:

She says he's a nice guy and I'd be impressed
She wants to know if I approve of the dress
She says, "Dad the prom is just one week away
And I need to practice my dancin' Oh please, Daddy, please!"

Chorus

Verse 3:
But she came home today with a ring on her hand
Just glowin' and tellin' us all they had planned
She says, "Dad the wedding's still six months away but I need to practice my dancin'
Oh please, Daddy, please!"

Chorus - END OF SONG

Enjoy every moment with your kids. As I look at Jessy and remember all her dancing - I wish we could go back and dance with her again. Her dancing is different now than when she was twirling like Cinderella!

After going to his concert, it reminded me of our kids and how I have never written out their stories. I'm going to use this blog to do it...or try anyway. I'll start with Steph because it was 3 years ago this month that we went to his concert and decided to adopt again - Steph was born 2 weeks later.

Have a great day! I'll post pictures later...I have to order his album and get some school done!

Here's a link to the video:

1 comments:

Miller Family October 29, 2007 at 4:04 PM  

Geez are you trying to put everyone in tears? I loved that song. And you are so right they do grow up way to fast! Sounds like a great night!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP