Steph's Adoption Story Continued... Part 7
Today is Steph's 3 year old Birthay.
Part 7:
Steph Stats:
Born: November 9, 2004 (TODAY!)
Weight: 8 pounds, 14 ounces
Length: 20.5 inches
First Smile: 5 weeks
Slept through night 7 ½ weeks
First Vacation: Brianhead 9 weeks!
Rolled to back: 10 weeks
First tooth: 3 months, 1 ½ weeks
Second tooth: 3 ½ months
Rolled from back to tummy: 4 months old
Third and fourth teeth: 4 ½ months oldl – 2 teeth on the top – not the two middle teeth!
Starts to crawl: 5 months, 1 week
Pulled to standing: 6 ½ months
Said mama: 8 months, 1 week
Stands alone: 8 ¾ months
Took 2 steps: 9 months old
Fully walking: 10 months old
Clapped hands: 10 ¾ months
Steph Stats:
Born: November 9, 2004 (TODAY!)
Weight: 8 pounds, 14 ounces
Length: 20.5 inches
First Smile: 5 weeks
Slept through night 7 ½ weeks
First Vacation: Brianhead 9 weeks!
Rolled to back: 10 weeks
First tooth: 3 months, 1 ½ weeks
Second tooth: 3 ½ months
Rolled from back to tummy: 4 months old
Third and fourth teeth: 4 ½ months oldl – 2 teeth on the top – not the two middle teeth!
Starts to crawl: 5 months, 1 week
Pulled to standing: 6 ½ months
Said mama: 8 months, 1 week
Stands alone: 8 ¾ months
Took 2 steps: 9 months old
Fully walking: 10 months old
Clapped hands: 10 ¾ months
And that’s all I had written down! I think after that she got so active, there was not time to write anything down!
By 18 months, she was getting out of her crib (I think before 18 months actually more like 13 or 14 months). By late spring of 2006, I had to take the ladder down from the bunk bed because she crawled up to the top bed and would sit up there hanging over! Shortly after that, she could scale the ends, hoist herself up and get to the top! We would find her up there, pull her down and ask her to show us how she got up – it was amazing! They had to get new gates in the church nursery because she could climb out. We got her a swing set which was the best choice ever – I have always feared she would fall off the top – it hasn’t happened yet. She is a major climber still. One time we found her on the inside of the stair case holding on to the bars hanging over the drop!
I have called the doctor and poison control more with her, than the other four put together. For a two month period, it got so bad with head injuries that they would say, “Oh! Is this Stephanie’s mom?” I have mom’s that are fearful of calling poison control – I had no choice – she has a record there I’m sure.
I make sure I tell the doctor how crazy she is so that it is recorded! She even hits her head so hard at times, she passes out. I know how to look in her eyes to see if she is okay!! Had she been my first, I would have been afraid to have more!!!
Stephanie is very verbal. She learned to talk early on – sentences by 1 ½. Her vocabulary is amazing still. One time we went to the doctor and it was a “guest” doctor. He said, “Hi.” And she said, “My uncles, he spanks me.” The Dr. said, “What?” and she repeated it. I could tell he still didn’t hear her or understand her and I just said, “Oh she is saying nothing!” I don’t think he would have liked that comment. I’m still trying to figure out which Uncle did it – just kidding – I’m sure she was making it up.
One time a really heavy lady bent down in font of her at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. The lady’s rear was right in Steph’s face. She said, “Wow!! That is ONE BIG booty!”
I have called the doctor and poison control more with her, than the other four put together. For a two month period, it got so bad with head injuries that they would say, “Oh! Is this Stephanie’s mom?” I have mom’s that are fearful of calling poison control – I had no choice – she has a record there I’m sure.
I make sure I tell the doctor how crazy she is so that it is recorded! She even hits her head so hard at times, she passes out. I know how to look in her eyes to see if she is okay!! Had she been my first, I would have been afraid to have more!!!
Stephanie is very verbal. She learned to talk early on – sentences by 1 ½. Her vocabulary is amazing still. One time we went to the doctor and it was a “guest” doctor. He said, “Hi.” And she said, “My uncles, he spanks me.” The Dr. said, “What?” and she repeated it. I could tell he still didn’t hear her or understand her and I just said, “Oh she is saying nothing!” I don’t think he would have liked that comment. I’m still trying to figure out which Uncle did it – just kidding – I’m sure she was making it up.
One time a really heavy lady bent down in font of her at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. The lady’s rear was right in Steph’s face. She said, “Wow!! That is ONE BIG booty!”
Some people have asked questions about her adoption - I'll answer them and then I need a break from all this writing!! Have a wonderful weekend. I love you Stephanie Grace!!!
3 comments:
Please wish Miss Stephanie a Happy Birthday from her extended adopted family. Love Mackie
Hi Aunty!
how are you? I am doing well. I don't like math though. I love multiplication and division but I hate minus and plus. I hate it with all my heart, soul and mind.
My favorate subject in school is cursive.
Tell Goosie that Emy said Happy Birthday.
Love Emy.
So Cute! We tried calling yesterday and she wouldn't talk to us. Sam told us to call back later...hahahaha! Did you know that?
Post a Comment