Saturday, November 10, 2007

Steph's Adoption Story Continued... Part 8

If you are reading this for the first time, please start at Part 1 for it to make sense!!!

Part 8:

Questions people have asked:

1. How did Jamie know Bonnie? I don’t really ever get this straight but it’s sort of the story…the person whose home she cleaned is friends with a man who has a sister who is a believer – she found out that Jamie was going to place the baby for adoption and called Bonnie right away. God is so sovereign – such a roundabout circumstance!

2. How did we chose her name that quick? All our girls seem to be named the feminine form of boy names (Jesse, Daniel) and they all have Bible names. Robert has always loved the name Stephanie (boy name would be Stephen). I really did want to name her Grace Lucile (after Robert’s mom) – then she would be Gracie Lu. Robert didn’t like that at all because that is Sandra Bullocks name in that movie that happens to be escaping me right now. He chose Stephanie – I still kept Grace and Lucile. So her name is Stephanie Grace Lucile Dodson. All our adopted kids have two middle names – one is reflective of the adoption and one is a family name.

So in a nutshell, Robert wanted Stephanie - he is the one that named her. He loves her name :O)

The name "Stephanie", deriving from the masculine counterpart "Stephen" has Greek origins, meaning "crowned".

3 comments:

Anonymous November 10, 2007 at 4:33 PM  

Miss Congeniality

Unknown November 10, 2007 at 7:30 PM  

Yes! That's it! I have tried to think of it for two days - ha ha - it's cuz i'm so old....

Kevin and Pam February 5, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

I love reading about your adoption stories. Amazing how how our stories are not so far from yours. I got emotionally exhausted just reading. I am still trying to recover from our latest adoption. I am trying to make up for a late start in my married life. I have always wanted a large family. I would be open to another adoption if God drops "Her" off in my lap! LOL You never know and I haved asked Kevin to keep praying about it too. It is a definite roller coaster ride but well worth it in the end!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP