Thursday, February 7, 2008

Chinese Dragons at YMCA

Steph and the dragon kind of look alike in this next picture...




The YMCA puts on a toddler "craft, sing, dance, snack" day. Today Tracy Farrell met me with her two girls. I do not have pics of them as I didn't bring my camera there! We had a lot of fun. It is so good to do with Stephanie. She loves it. I don't have her in a lot of situations where it's all kids her own age so it is great with her. Today two little girls fought over one hoppity hop - neither of their mothers did anything!! Finally Dani went over and took one of the the girls the other hoppity hop! I thought they were going to hurt each other! I don't think Steph was watching fortunately!

They have circle time, story time, craft time, snack time and then a time of fun songs with hand motions and dancing. At the end of the whole time they paraded around the grass with their chinese dragons.

It's also a great training time for Steph. She is learning not to barge in and push past people, to wait in line, take her turn etc.

One little girl at the end waked up and asked Steph for a cookie - Steph said, "no," giving the girl a dirty look. We had a talk, gave the girl a cookie and Steph only had one left. About 5 minutes later, on her own, Steph walked up and split the last cookie with her. YEA! A victory! Trust me, I praised her and told her Jesus was so proud of her sharing!

1 comments:

Miller Family February 7, 2008 at 5:56 PM  

what fun. I will have to come next time for sure!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP