Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sammy's Birthday Superbowl Party

We had a bunch of boys over to play flag football, celebrate Sam's 12th birthday and watch the superbowl.

We had hot dogs for lunch, lots of snacks and coke, pizza for dinner with a little salad (a little healthy but it had ranch dressing) and cake, cupcakes and a yummy pudding thing (that I can't spell) with coffee in it (only the parents got that one b/c the kids had too much junk at that point!) Mom's will have to go home and detox their kids! Kind of gross I know but there were about 30 people over (and don't forget Steph...she adds about 6) and it was easy to preprare... plus it was a party!

Stephanie got into the Tums at the end of the night, colored on her arms, pulled pages out of coloring books to share with Parker (but she knows better), took about 3 baths, changed clothes about 6 times, jumped on the trampolene, put chips in people coke cups while they weren't looking, ate a few cupcakes - all with Parker who watched and sometimes participated - He is a year older - has a conscience and thoroughly enjoyed watching her do all that she is NOT supposed to do. I told him to come tell me whatever she was doing - sometimes he did but most of the time I think he liked watching her do wrong things!

Getting ready to play football in the rain

Sam and his good friend Noah
Just a picture with a LOT going on - I was taking this from far away as it was raining
Look who found the mud puddles
I love this cuz Nanno's feet are off the groundPoor Nanno - he got ran over and Preston is about to fall on top of him to finish him off!Michelle and Steve watching from the safey of the dugout...We were under a cover - not sure why Michelle had her umbrella up????? Steve finally asked her and she started laughing! It's a great picture of them - I like that the umbrella is in it!Sam was laughing so hard during this. I have never heard kids sing happy birthday so loud in all my life (normally they don't sing!) - Sammy was hysterically laughing! Maybe it was all the Dr. Pepper - or the cake - or the candy?Not sure what is going on with Nathaniel's boxers in this next picture..but they are cheering that the Giants pulled off an amazing victory. It started out with Robert, Tony and a few kids cheering for the Giants but it seemed to end up with a lot more when they actually won! Poor Preston - he is a Tom Brady fan...Robert is not - that is for sure! Robert was cheering louder than anyone! Max had an upset stomach (I wonder why?) but as the Giants were about to win he went crazy. Their win was a good cure for an upset stomach I guess! This is the time Stephanie must have found the Tums as I had them out for Max!
Robert did a chart with boxes ...if your name was in the correct box each quarter (based on the score of the game at the end of each qtr)- you would win a box of candy and get to be King of the Quarter (everyone had to serve the King). The winner of the whole game gets to be King of the Week. Guess who it was??? Sammy. How fitting for his birthday! What does it mean - everyone who was at the party has to do whatever Sam says for a week...Poor Nanno - the other kids will only see him a couple of times but Nanno will have a busy week! Usually Sammy serves Nanno - just cuz he's Sammy...we'll see how this goes. Happy Birthday Sammy. We love you sooooo much!

Thanks for a great day everyone!


9 comments:

oodlesuvfun February 3, 2008 at 11:52 PM  

Cute! I'm glad Sam had fun. I was a little worried when I saw all of the rain that you guys wouldn't be able to play football but I guess they're hard core! Looks like a blast was had!!

Miller Family February 4, 2008 at 10:43 AM  

Thanks again for a great time! My kids were so wiped out when they got home. I have never heard Pryce snore so loud before. And Parker will be working on his little friend for sure! That was all new for him, he is used to hanging with the big kids. Maybe that would be better. HA HA

Unknown February 4, 2008 at 12:54 PM  

I'm so glad we can be a teaching experience for Parker!!! Poor Steph. Pray for her. The discipline always seems to be worth it to her...hhhmmmm

Anonymous February 5, 2008 at 4:18 PM  

Hey Mrs. Dodson, it's Emma. Sorry it took me a couple of days to answer you, I didn't notice until today that you had left a comment. Thank you! im so glad you like my pics. I have a Nikon D40 with an 18-135. I love it! Its really great! What do you use??

Unknown February 5, 2008 at 8:35 PM  

Hi Emma -
I have a Canon 30D and a pretty nice lens (an EF 70-200 2.8 ultrasonic). Sometimes I use my little point and shoot Sony too - you can probably tell when I use that one!

Anonymous February 5, 2008 at 9:50 PM  

sweet camera!!! Something that i don't like about Nikon is that they dont have a fixed 50mm lense that isn't autofocus- its manual. That stinks because my fstop only goes down to 3.5 and most times there has to be a lot of light or im left to use the flash, which doesn't always look the best. What got you interested in photography?

Michelle February 5, 2008 at 10:01 PM  

I love the long journaling in between each picture. Tell Emma that five kids got you interested in photography! :-)

Unknown February 5, 2008 at 10:19 PM  

Yes Emma - five kids! I love pictures of kids...I wish I had my camera when they were all babies and I also wish I knew what I was doing! I know a little bit - I have a friend that helps! My camera and lens do most of the work. Yes - I would agree with you on the flash - I like natural light better - look at the photo blog i have on the side - I think it's pear blossom??? She uses natural light. Keep it up. It's fun to look at the pictures you take. You can do a lot with this someday :O) What got you into it? Have you taken any classes?

Anonymous February 6, 2008 at 12:00 PM  

hehe....yes thats a really good reason, its so nice just to have fast shutter speed for taking those action shots of kids, etc....My point and shoot got me interested in photography, basically i didn't like the results it was giving and thought it was time to step up to a dslr.
you know what's funny? when i saw the links you had on your blog, I had already seen them before! I am a chronic blog hopper and I found most of those blogs! I love Audrey Woulard- I also like Susan Stripling, she shoots with Nikon:

http://www.susanstriplingblog.com/

And I like Heather Mickey, her stuff is so cute!

http://heathermickey.typepad.com/my_weblog/

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP