Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Jessy's Adoption Story Part 4

Soccer playoffs 2004

Part 4:

One other thing Tim asked us is before we left the meeting was if we had a dog. We had Bruin, a Chocolate Lab…he told us to make sure he’s in the picture. When we looked surprised, he laughed and said, “They love dogs!” Since we loved our dog and he was sooo cute, we set out to get a picture with him looking. Dogs seem to never look at the camera! He was disobedient and crazy! I think the Shacks took our picture…but that memory is way back in my brain somewhere. He looked and we got a good picture.

I will never forget the day we got the call. The machine said, “Tracy this is Barbara from Tim Blied’s office…” my heart was pounding but it could just be a typical question…so I tried to be patient for the next line…”you have been chosen by a birthmom and she wants to meet you!” I screamed out loud. It was just an amazing thought. I called her right back. I don’t know if I called Robert first or not. She told me the girl was very young and very pretty. I remember her saying she was holding her Christmas photo in her hand and that the family was all so sweet and that the young girl was a doll. She described her as adorable with long reddish colored, curly hair. I don’t know how to explain it, but from that moment my heart was filled with love for that young girl and that baby. Robert and I had the same feeling – it was instant and amazing. I’m not going to write her name in here – I’ll refer to her as L…I totally want to respect her privacy. If you know me and my family, then you know her name! At this point, all we knew was her name and that we were going to have an initial meeting with her at Tim’s office.

I went shopping with Michelle West to get a dress. It had to be perfect. I can’t even remember it now! Maybe Michelle does??? But knowing me and my style or lack of – I’m sure it was Laura Ashley-ish and too frilly…I’m sure it didn’t really matter!!! But I was fretting over it! Robert and I arrived at the office early. In the parking lot was a dowdy looking lady sitting in her car waiting for something. She looked miserable and upset and we wondered if she was the mom and got a little scared! She certainly didn’t look happy to meet someone! There was a man waiting at the door. There was a big crack in the glass so we talked to this man about a potential robbery. We had no idea who he was! We joked with this man for a while about the robbery and then finally we looked up and the most beautiful, sweet, young girl walked up with her beautiful and young mother! She had long curly reddish, brown hair and a broomstick skirt on. She was as sweet and pretty as she could possibly be. I just remember her smiling her sweet smile (which Jessy has), us smiling back and me saying, “You must be L…” and her saying, “Yes, I am.” And then her turning to the “man” next to us, kissing him and saying, “Hi Daddy!” We looked at him and started laughing realizing at that moment that we had been standing with HER father for about 15 minutes! We introduced ourselves – inside I was not very happy that our attorney was late!!!! How awkward was that?

4 comments:

Kelli February 20, 2008 at 7:50 AM  

I love this story! Maybe I need to borrow a dog to put in some of my pictures! That is so funny that Tim was late. He was late to our court appearance too and had to apologize to the judge!

Unknown February 20, 2008 at 6:14 PM  

He was such a cute dog!! We were very thankful for him because she LOVED him!!! Poor Tim - traffic is bad everywhere! He's the greatest isn't he????? Tim went with us to every court date during Dani's adoption - and there were many many many court dates.

Unknown February 20, 2008 at 6:23 PM  

and by the way - thanks for reading her story!
I want to read Ivy's story :O) Are you going to write it? Don't wait as long as I did!

Miller Family February 20, 2008 at 9:09 PM  

Reading this made me teary. I am amazed at how perfect God's timing is and how Robert and yourself were able to follow Gods will and not your own. Jessy is such a wonderful daughter and you both are such wonderful parents!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP