Jessy's Adoption Story Part 9
Part 9:
I am somewhat vague on the things that happened next. The birthfather’s family was totally in support. His mother sent us money to help with the doctor bills and sent their love...Robert and I were blown away by them. I went to the la maze classes with L, doctor appointments (he was quite strange!) and basically got ready for a baby. I think I had some showers before she was born but the main one was after. I think it was after because I remember Jessy there – and even taking a picture with Jessy MacArthur and my Jessy! So yes, it was after. It was beautiful and touching. I remember being overwhelmed at how much all the girls did for me – the tables looked like tables at a wedding reception –it was all decorated pink with pretty china – truly amazing. Anyway – back to the before…
L had an ultrasound appoint to see where she was at – this was Monday December 5. She was a little unsure of her due date. I will NEVER forget the tech’s face who was doing the ultrasound – she went over and over and over certain things. She looked panicked and concerned. L just looked ready to be done. I don’t think she was due for a couple weeks – again – it’s getting blurry which is why I’m glad I’m writing this! I asked the tech if everything was fine and she gave some vague answer that did not satisfy me. She was supposed to have the ultrasound on Friday but it was pushed to Monday. It turns out that God was very precise in that move (but of course He is always precise!)
Robert was on his way somewhere – no idea where but going out of town for the night for work. I was heading to Patty’s. We met at a park with her sister (Kathy) to get their kids together to play. While at the park, I got a phone call from L’s mom that something was wrong and L needed to head straight to the hospital to get a stress test done on the baby. I knew something was wrong – it was hard to leave the ultrasound because I knew. I called Robert and he turned around and met me at the hospital. Jessica’s had scored a 2/10 on the ultrasound taken during the day! I remember the doctor saying she could be totally fine or she could have a syndrome like Neuman’s syndrome or a cleft palate. The scene of the doctor talking with us is still so vivid to me – I can picture the hallway and the hospital like it was yesterday. I was unsure how she could score a 2/10 on the ultrasound and then be fine but we were trusting the Lord at this point. Her birth weight was too low, her heartbeat was off, and a few other problems that I don’t remember (the actual problem was discovered at birth). In the ultrasound picture, she looks like she is pushing her hands against the womb saying, “let me out!” I’ll try and find it! Her face is pressed against the womb – her eyes are huge (the sockets obviously!) and she looks like she is begging the technician to free her!!!
I am somewhat vague on the things that happened next. The birthfather’s family was totally in support. His mother sent us money to help with the doctor bills and sent their love...Robert and I were blown away by them. I went to the la maze classes with L, doctor appointments (he was quite strange!) and basically got ready for a baby. I think I had some showers before she was born but the main one was after. I think it was after because I remember Jessy there – and even taking a picture with Jessy MacArthur and my Jessy! So yes, it was after. It was beautiful and touching. I remember being overwhelmed at how much all the girls did for me – the tables looked like tables at a wedding reception –it was all decorated pink with pretty china – truly amazing. Anyway – back to the before…
L had an ultrasound appoint to see where she was at – this was Monday December 5. She was a little unsure of her due date. I will NEVER forget the tech’s face who was doing the ultrasound – she went over and over and over certain things. She looked panicked and concerned. L just looked ready to be done. I don’t think she was due for a couple weeks – again – it’s getting blurry which is why I’m glad I’m writing this! I asked the tech if everything was fine and she gave some vague answer that did not satisfy me. She was supposed to have the ultrasound on Friday but it was pushed to Monday. It turns out that God was very precise in that move (but of course He is always precise!)
Robert was on his way somewhere – no idea where but going out of town for the night for work. I was heading to Patty’s. We met at a park with her sister (Kathy) to get their kids together to play. While at the park, I got a phone call from L’s mom that something was wrong and L needed to head straight to the hospital to get a stress test done on the baby. I knew something was wrong – it was hard to leave the ultrasound because I knew. I called Robert and he turned around and met me at the hospital. Jessica’s had scored a 2/10 on the ultrasound taken during the day! I remember the doctor saying she could be totally fine or she could have a syndrome like Neuman’s syndrome or a cleft palate. The scene of the doctor talking with us is still so vivid to me – I can picture the hallway and the hospital like it was yesterday. I was unsure how she could score a 2/10 on the ultrasound and then be fine but we were trusting the Lord at this point. Her birth weight was too low, her heartbeat was off, and a few other problems that I don’t remember (the actual problem was discovered at birth). In the ultrasound picture, she looks like she is pushing her hands against the womb saying, “let me out!” I’ll try and find it! Her face is pressed against the womb – her eyes are huge (the sockets obviously!) and she looks like she is begging the technician to free her!!!
2 comments:
don't like the cliffhangers!
Sorry!!! If I write it all it's sooo long! She'll get born in the next post, I promise!!!
Post a Comment