Monday, February 25, 2008

Jessy's Adoption Story Part 8


With Steph a couple years ago

Part 8:

Bonnie basically had to do the home study and “approve” us as parents. I think she didn’t do homestudy’s any longer as she was the head of the agency at the time but because we hit it off, she did our adoption personally. We would find reasons to get together because we had so much fun …she ended up doing all our adoptions – even when she was no longer working in adoption.

Imagine if everyone had to be approved to be parents!! It cracked me up that we had to be approved considering how many foster babies there are! The Christian homestudy was so different than Steph’s. It was really great to think through everything they asked. Anyway… one day she was coming over to “inspect” the house. Patty came to help me clean. I don’t think my sweet little house was ever as clean except maybe when it was first built. We even refolded cupboards, drawers – everything. I vividly remember Patty on her hands and knees with a toothbrush on my floor tile grout in the small bathroom scrubbing like crazy and telling me “What if bonnie goes to the bathroom, it has to be perfect! When Bonnie came over, she interviewed us (Robert and I) and looked around a bit. I asked her, “don’t you want to see inside my closets?” She opened her eyes a bit (you know how she does that???) had her sweet “I don’t want to hurt your feelings” look, and said, “well, okay..if you would like me too!” I started laughing and realized Patty and I didn’t need to do any of what we did…it was a labor of love for Jessy! So she looked in my closets. I think that’s why we passed the home study. Knowing me, I probably made sure she went to the bathroom too to justify Patty’s 2 hour scrubbing.

2 comments:

Kelli February 25, 2008 at 1:55 PM  

Homestudies are so rediculous! I have wasted alot of time to. Thank you for encouraging me to do Ivy's story. I am loving doing it and I can't wait to write more tomorrow!

michelle February 25, 2008 at 2:47 PM  

thanks for sharing your story! I can't wait to read the rest! What a sweet gift for your kids - to have their stories written down. Ellie loves to hear about her birth and when her sister was born.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP