Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Letter From Grandma Ardo

My mom is the best - thought I'd share this ...actually because I make a book of my blog every year...I want this in there but you are all free to read it :O) I love that my mom writes me every week of her day with Steph. This is one of many letters....When I am a Grandma, I will do the same thing..hopefully...

Dear Tracy,

Last Wednesday was my last day for watching Stephanie this semester while you were at co-op. I have been doing this for three years now. It has been so much fun to watch the changes in her. She has gone from being a baby to a little girl. We had lot's of fun on Wednesday. We watched Tom and Jerry cartoons, played with polly pockets, snacked and waited for Papa. When he came we had lunch and then he colored, drew on the chalk board and even play polly pockets with her for a short time. Later we watched the Pacifier. She was really good and very obedient. She said something that I thought was really funny and yet it showed the growth in her. Remember her last birthday was a Spider Man theme. Well, as we were looking for color books I spied spider man. I asked if she wanted to color in it and she said no, that it was for boys. She also didn't want her pretty dress to get dirty. (She was actually wearing shorts and a pretty top). She still bears watching but she doesn't do many of the things that she used too. One thing has not changed - she is still lots of fun. I wanted to take her to the dollar store to get some new coloring books but she didn't want to go. I tried to bribe her with ice cream but she wanted to stay home and play polly pockets, so we did. I guess when I'm there she gets her own way most of the time but I don't let her be disobedient. She cuddled with me while we watched Tom and Jerry and told me she loved me. My heart melts. She is a delight. I see so many changes in her from last September until now. She has not only grown physically but in her thinking and reasoning. She told me that God made man but that man built her house. I don't have the exact words but it was something like that. So, she knows or is beginning to learn that there some things that men build differ from the things that God created. I have enjoyed our Wednesdays together so much and so has Dad. On Wednesday morning as he was leaving for dialysis he told me that it gives him a lift to know that he is coming to your house afterwards. The Lord has blessed us both by our Wednesdays with Stephanie.

I love you,

Mom

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP