Photoshop Elements Lesson
Went to a photographer friend's home today...she is going to help me take pictures tomorrow of a senior - we are using her studio and then she is going to the site with me!! I'm so glad because I was scared to death...now I am not...She is going to help me use the reflector, set the camera - pick poses, help me with lighting etc.....
Here's what I learned today: (she has Photoshop but it works in Elements)
Take the elliptical marquee tool and put it around Steph's face and body. Feather it at 200...select inverse, select lighting (brightness/contrast) and darken the shadows...
You may not care what I did but I wrote it for me so I don't forget....
Can you see the difference? It makes her stand out more....



5 comments:
I actually got a new camera as well! I'm selling my nikon D40 body to a friend of mine and I got the D80 body along with a 50mm lens! I really wanted that lens because of the lower f-stop, but I didn't want to manually focus (that lens doesn't AF with the D40)- so, I got that! It'll be perfect because now Im shooting more portraits, and Im also doing the photography for our High School summer camp, and I want that lens for all of the sessions (Inside a dark room!) I'm very excited....it's so much fun to play with!
Have fun tomorrow! You're going to do great! Where are you going?
Can we have a photo sesh soon? I think I want you to take some pics and photoshop them for my eharmony website. JUST KIDDING!!! I so made you laugh didn't I??? I'm just gonna use the walrus one. :)
love it!!! Thanks for the lesson! keep em' comin!
ok, dumb question - I have PSE6 and I cannot find the elliptical marquee - I see the rectangular, but can't find the elliptical. . . help!!!! Know where I can find that thing?
michelle - try right clicking on the rectangular marquee tool - you should see the elliptical tool - then select it. email me if you can't get it dodsonfamily@ca.rr.com.
Post a Comment