Sunday, July 27, 2008

and more pictures...

Taken at Zion National Park....and it is a real picture - we are really standing in front of the mountains!
Standing in front of Kolob Canyon - this is a separate part of the park - worth it to drive in and see it - it was spectacular -my pictures can't do it justice - would be nice to see it at sunset!
The Narrows at Zion - also called the River Walk. Robert wants to get John Drollinger to go with him and the older kids and do the hike from the top - it's 16 miles! It would be coming the other direction - downstream - we hiked it upstream - maybe 1/2 mile...then we had to leave to pick up Roxy otherwise we probably could have gone further - it was a beautiful day and the river wasn't too high. It got deeper in parts - Dani at some points was submerged to her waist...this picture was taken at the start of the hike. This is my favorite thing to do there - it is soooo much fun.

For some reason I couldn't get a NON-blurry picture on this hike - must have been the water - it doesn't look like it was moving but it was! I tried to hold still but apparently could not! I took my good camera with a cheap lens (and worried about falling the whole time) - after looking at my blurry pictures, I could have just taken my little point and shoot! next time....

Just a pic of us on the rocks - she loved it - never went in the backpack - hiked the whole thing - Robert had to hold her (or pull her) in the water or she would have floated away! I can't believe she kept her shoes! She was such a trooper!

4 comments:

Drollingers July 28, 2008 at 5:07 PM  

Can we please go there with a newborn???? IT looks amazing & I don't want to miss out.

Kevin and Pam July 28, 2008 at 8:48 PM  

I love your photography. You got some really great shots!

I am Mom July 29, 2008 at 1:16 PM  

Seriously, you could NOT have been jealous of my camping trip...beautiful mountains, beautiful family, beautiful pictures!

Michelle August 2, 2008 at 10:20 PM  

Love the pictures, especially of you and Steph, get pic. Don't critique your own shots, us non-photographers can't tell. We think they are all great! You do a great job! :-)

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP