Utah Trip
We drove to Brian Head, Utah Friday to break up our drive to Park City and to see our house. Our friends happened to be there the same time we were. We rented ATV''s with them on Saturday and had an absolute blast! Robert and I rented 2 Rhinos (not real ones Rebekah - do you know she actually thought I was kidding when I told her we rented Rhinos - she was thinking the animal and was thinking I was just being funny - Kristine and Patty told me that - I was laughing so hard!) - the Fenemmas had 2 of their own and rented another (plus a motorcyle). All the kids took turns driving..Steph actually fell asleep while Robert was driving - her helmet was as big as her body! I'll post pictures when we get home and get them organized (for some reason blogger won't upload them) - but here is the album from facebook...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=45991&l=d52f2&id=746843331
On Sunday we got up at 4:00 AM to head to Park City as Jessy had practice at 9 a.m. Our timing was impeccable - we drove up as they were loading the car for practice about to drive off! We got our condo - lugged all our stuff up the stairs...then headed to Park City Mountain Resort for a lot of fun! They had a zipline, a roller coaster, alpine slide and stuff for Steph - plus a rock climbing wall, a trampolene with harnesses etc. I only had my little camera for that excursion and I forgot my cord to load it on this laptop...I videoed Nanno and myself doing the zipline. It was fun - not as thrilling as you would think but very fun...Stephanie tried to rockclimb. She also did the trampolene with the harness and did tons of backflips. I think that was her favorite thing. We all liked the roller coaster the best. I was cracking up because Disneyland is so safe - this place seemed so NOT safe but it was so fun! The roller coaster is this little car connected to a track -you control your speed - it was a blast! It was kind of scary which made it more fun. On the zipline you sit in this little canvas seat - strap to a seat belt - put your feet against this gate which opens unexpectedly and off you go! I actually wish that was faster - it would have been more fun -they say you go about 45 mph but I'm not sure about that.
Monday (today) - Robert got up to take the car to the Ford dealer -the brakes are gone...Jessy had a skills competition -they did good but no wins for our team - there are 130 teams here - many from California...Robert got the call from the Ford dealer that our roters are bad - so not only do we need new brakes but need new roters as well!! We have not ever changed the brakes in 5 years!!! Crazy - the Ford guy said that normally they need changing every 2 years! So we have a rented Expedition - Sammy of course loves it! Tonight was the parade - an opening ceremony - all the teams parade down Park City's Main street....
The games begin tomorrow...they have 2 games.
0 comments:
Post a Comment