Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fresh Peach Pie

Tonight Sam and I went to Costco - I feel like I live there...anyway - we bought a crate of peaches and made homemade peach pie. Dani helped make the pies.

Now - it would have been a lot better had I made homemade crust, but no time... It was still very yummy BUT definitely not as good as with my mom's pie crust....

I'm not good at giving recipes that I learned growing up - meaning - I kind of wing it but here's what I did...:

Make your own pie crust (really you should....) ... or buy a ready made (not even close to as good but whatever...we wanted it quickly!)

Get peaches from Costco - they are the best. I made 2 pies because I have a large family and because those store bought pie crusts are so tiny!! Peel and slice your peaches (reserve 1 cup of peaches).

I did the following 1.5 times - meaning not quite doubled...not sure how to say that!

Fill the crust with the fresh peeled yummy peaches. You can see how I sliced them in the picture above...

Take that saved 1 cup of fresh peaches and mash them up....

THEN: in a small saucepan
Put 3/4 of the fresh mashed peaches in the pan
3 tablespoons of corn starch
3/4 cup of sugar....
Cook until Clear (not sure what that means but the starch is white going in....and it does cook)
Put in remaining 1/4 of peaches at the end (not sure why you do this but I think it's what my mom does...)
1 tsp of lemon juice.

Cool slightly and pour over the pie.

If you are using strawberries you can add red food coloring to the "sauce" and by the way - using this for fresh strawberry pie is AMAZING too....

YUMMY!!!!

Add homemade whip cream - it's the best - load it all over the pie... I didn't have that so we used Redi-Whip...not as good but it works...and it was all Costco had...but trust me - go out and buy real whipping cream - whip it up, add some sugar when it's the proper consistency and use that instead of Redi-Whip. When my mom reads this, she will probably die that I used store bought crust and redi-whip but we really wanted this pie tonight and I bought ripe peaches....

Sorry - my pictures don't do it justice - it is sooo good! The pie looks really pretty with the HOMEMADE whip cream on it - make sure you put it on really pretty with little swirls....



My family thanked me over and over tonight :O)

1 comments:

Anonymous August 27, 2008 at 11:19 AM  

Save me a slice! No really can I come over?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP