Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tricks on the Skimmer....

Steph can deep water start now...like a real wakeboarder! She gets back there, waits for the line to get tight and yells "HIT IT" with energy and passion. Once she has had some fun - she drops the hands and skis with her arms out not holding on, smiles, skims for a while and then jumps off with a twist - it is hilarious!

Oh...and JOHN - this is straight out of the camera - no touch up!! I found a lens I want today...the Canon L series 24-105....saving money.....

7 comments:

Miller Family August 13, 2008 at 9:05 PM  

Her legs look so long!Ahh how sad!I knew she would put those legs to good use when I met her in the nursery!

JP August 14, 2008 at 9:35 AM  

:-)

Very nice. How come you're going with the 24-105/f4 over the 24-70/f2.8 - size & weight or zoom?

Unknown August 14, 2008 at 10:04 AM  

oh and on more thing....i read (Scott Kelby) that the sweet length for portraits (in my case pics of kids) - is 100mm - that would cover that!

Unknown August 14, 2008 at 10:06 AM  

I went into Calumet -

a few things:

1. i have a 2.8
2. i want a walk around lens with a better range....I hate the one that came with my camera...
3. calumet man said it was sharper and better :O)

JP August 14, 2008 at 12:20 PM  

Interesting. It's a tough choice. I'd been looking at the 2.8 because it's great with kids to capture action w/o a flash.

Helpful comparison here =
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/lenses/28-105.shtml

For portraits, I've been thinking that the 50mm prime is actually a good lens. I'm interested to hear the benefits of a 100mm. (?)

JP August 14, 2008 at 12:21 PM  

Oh, and I think that the 105 is a better walk-around, just due to weight & size. :-)

JP August 14, 2008 at 1:26 PM  

I should probably add:

"But what do I know?..."

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP