Saturday, August 30, 2008

Raspberry Picking With Friends

The Millers and Tracys invited us raspberry picking (maybe I invited myself!) - anyway - it was sooo much fun!! We went to Riley's Farm in Oak Glen. They give you a pint container to go fill with raspberries. Actually - the bushes have thorns so it hurt...but the raspberries are yummy, the sunset was gorgeous, the weather incredible, the dinner great...and the fellowship was sweet. Thanks for a great time!


The Tracy's





Holly had her eyes closed in their picture...posted this one instead! Tony was afraid of rattlesnakes....Just thought I would add that in!


Isn't the sunset gorgeous? I wish I had my new lens...wouldn't really matter though because Holly was trying to take the picture holding the camera out like a point and shoot instead of looking through the eyepiece~ She figured it out and did it correctly and took a great picture! - good job Holly! this pic was taken a few minutes after the others - amazing what a couple of minutes does to the sun!



Our yummy food - so a pint of raspberries, dinner and all for only $35 per couple! The salad dressing was amazing - it was a raspberry vinaigrette...The lemonade was served in pewter pitchers into cute blue mugs....The Riley's dogs lay around like they would have in the old days - for some reason they hung around Jonas's feet the whole time - he asked us if we were chucking food under the table. The ladies serve you all dressed up....

In Lara's word "we were transported back to pioneer days..."

5 comments:

Hannah Sivilay August 30, 2008 at 12:18 PM  

how fun I wanna do this!

Miller Family August 30, 2008 at 12:43 PM  

It's only fitting that my eyes were closed!ha It was a great time.Love the pict of you and Robert-great photography.ha

Miller Family August 31, 2008 at 10:17 PM  

tony wanted to say thx for pointing out his bald head!

I am Mom September 1, 2008 at 7:28 PM  

what did you do with the berries? did they make it home? :)

Anonymous September 3, 2008 at 10:27 AM  

Sound like a blast. I too have always wanted to do this. Where did you guys go? They are my absolute fruit.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP