Friday, August 15, 2008

Swimming Fun!

Today I brought my new tri-pod out to the pool...I put the camera on it (a cheap tripod might I add....) I set it up...took a picture and the whole thing fell off the tripod right onto the cement - yes my super good expensive lens. I couldn't believe it! I didn't even react - I just picked it up and was speechless! I think it fell on this metal thing that is on my lens (not part of the tripod) - Praise God!! I also had a lens hood on it (backwards) which totally protected it. I inspected it - took one picture and then took the camera inside and set it down.

I went out to the pool without my camera (I must have thought it was safer on the table) and called Robert...he told me to go back and get it and make sure it worked! I think I was afraid it was broken and didn't want to know!!! I was in shock. My kids all kept saying they were so sorry - maybe I like my camera too much??? I am not happy with the Best Buy man - I asked him if I need a nice tripod - told him what I had as far as equipment and he said this one was just fine!!! Well - it's NOT!!! I finally went back out and took some pictures...I think it's ok - especially because the picture of Zoe close up is so cute! All of these were without the tripod ... I was just going to use it to try and get the shots super clear - well whatever!!

I am taking back that tripod - never buying anything for my camera at Best Buy again...and well - if you buy a nice lens - make sure you have the hood for it! I was just reading how it protects the lens.

....and make sure you buy a nice tripod!


Holding the board for Jessy....

Surf's Up! We borrowed this board from the Gallaghers - of course my kids now want one!!!

These two have hung out so much the past two weeks - Robert thinks we are adopting Jonny!




Getting ready to surf...

Exhilaration at the arrival of Zoe Farrell!!!! She wanted to go outside and wait for her at 2:30 but Zoe wasn't coming until 4:30...This pic was super dark and I lighted in -that's why it's not very good but her face is hilarious!!! Sorry Michelle for critiquing my own pic!


Zoe - Steph's BFF


Haley - she is hilarious - when she wasn't swimming, she walked around with a big bracelet on her one arm and a purse on the other. She absolutely LOVES Roxy!


I kept telling her to look at my camera and instead she pointed at it!

4 comments:

Anonymous August 16, 2008 at 9:02 AM  

How adorable are Zoe and Haley! Sounds like you had fun dispite the camra drama.

Joan August 18, 2008 at 7:49 PM  

Such cute pictures of all the kids.

oodlesuvfun August 18, 2008 at 11:53 PM  

Okay, you (or your camera) make people look AMAZING! Can we do a photoshoot with me?! Shoot, I wanna look great! Maybe I can post them somewhere and who knows what could happen... the possibilites are endless!

Unknown August 19, 2008 at 8:20 PM  

nickie - you don't think my kids are that cute?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Tracy Dodson. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

About This Blog

I started this for fun...I don't journal - this is a great way to do it. The best thing is that I turn each year into a blog book :O)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP